Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to BLUENRG-1

jampino
Associate II
Posted on July 13, 2017 at 12:06

Hello all,

I am new using the bluenrg-1, I would like to create an application to download into the ble module but not really sure from where to start, how to do it.

I have done some test communicating with the ble using uart to send commands and it is working but now as I said I would like to download an app to just blink a led connected to one of the gpio.

Can someone help with this.

Thank you in advance 

6 REPLIES 6
jampino
Associate II
Posted on July 14, 2017 at 10:50

I have done different test, I have flashed the DTM_UART_32MHz.hex into the ble and I have seen that it is working, now I have created a small program and flash it but it seem that it is doing anything. I just want to switch on a LED, this is the code just in case I am missing something.

void main(void)

{

SystemInit();

IO_Config();

while ( 1 )

{

GPIO_ToggleBits ( GPIO_Pin_1 );

DelayMs(500);

}

}

void IO_Config ( void )

{

GPIO_InitType GPIO_InitStructure;

GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Pin = GPIO_Pin_1;

GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Mode = GPIO_Output;

GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_HighPwr = FALSE;

GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Pull = FALSE;

GPIO_Init( &GPIO_InitStructure );

}

Thanks

Antonio Vilei
Senior III
Posted on July 14, 2017 at 10:59

Hi,

you can use the

https://my.st.com/content/my_st_com/en/products/embedded-software/evaluation-tool-software/stsw-bluenrg1-dk.license%3d1500020896716.html

software package. You will find many BLE-specific examples in the Project\BLE_Examples folder. If you are interested in examples dealing with the BlueNRG-1 peripherals, instead, please refer to the Project\BlueNRG1_Periph_Examples folder. For example, you will find sample code to use the GPIO pins in Project\BlueNRG1_Periph_Examples\GPIO.

Hope that helps,

Antonio

Posted on July 14, 2017 at 11:33

Hi Antonio,

I have tried the GPIO example but not having any luck with it. I can't switch on the LED.

Thanks

Posted on July 14, 2017 at 12:22

Could be possible that the cold start configuration from the 

DTM_UART_32MHz.hex is different from the GPIO example? And for some reason the DTM works and not the GPIO?

Thanks

Antonio Vilei
Senior III
Posted on July 18, 2017 at 11:02

Maybe

Marchese.Graziella

‌ has some additional hints to help you overcome your issue.

Best regards,

Antonio

jampino
Associate II
Posted on July 20, 2017 at 16:50

Hello,

It is working finally, I had a problem with the cold configuration, now I have tested the peripherals and they are working correctly. Now I'm going to test the BLE.

I am not sure, do I need to use the files inside \BlueNRG-1_2 DK 2.5.0\Library\Bluetooth_LE\inc and the library in \BlueNRG-1_2 DK 2.5.0\Library\Bluetooth_LE\library

Thanks