Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schematics for SPDIF OUT circuit after STM32F7

jmf1
Associate III
Posted on June 25, 2016 at 09:20

Hello,

I'm looking for information about the circuits to add to a STM32F7 Nucleo board to build an operational SPDIF output. I tried to find the information in the STM32 reference document, but could not find the information.

I have found some schematics for SPDIF input (RX), but not the OUTPUT.

Is there a ST document that describe the needed additional circuits (if any)? Or in another document?

Note: I would need the schematic for ''full SPDIF out'' able to drive meters of cable, and if any simpler one to connect to 20 cm.

(I'm sorry to crosspost, but this forum may be more adequate than the STM32 evaluation tools one)

Best regards,

JMF
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on June 25, 2016 at 17:34

People here working on commercial designs are unlikely to share them.

Would suggest you contact and work with an ST FAE (via local distributor, or sales office) to advance your design.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
jmf1
Associate III
Posted on June 26, 2016 at 19:12

Hello,

I understand your point and I'm not looking for confidential information. I had in mind that this would detailed in some ST instruction/manual about the usage of that STM32 SAI SPDIF feature.

It could be some advice about which one to pick-up in http://www.epanorama.net/documents/audio/spdif.html

Best regards,

JMF

Posted on June 26, 2016 at 20:39

I suspect the FAE's have stuff that is far less formalized, it takes a lot to get an app-note together, and ST's engineering perspective is to support directly the people like Apple, and those driving the hardware implementation.

The FAE's don't actively participate here, they have customer relationships driven via classic support channels. ie not social media

You could also try an Online Support Request

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
jmf1
Associate III
Posted on June 30, 2016 at 19:18

I finally found a schematics from one of the ST projects. Not easy to dig, but you can find it in Figure 24. Audio codec WOLFSON and audio connector

of

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/evaluation-tools/product-evaluation-tools/mcu-eval-tools/stm32-mcu-eval-tools/stm32-mcu-discovery-kits/32f769idiscovery.html

Good....

Note that as I did nout found the information for ST, I asked a similar question of the TI Community about one of their processors, and a link to the reference documentation and a schematics was posted by a TI staff in less than 2 hours. This is helpfull.

JMF

slimen
Senior
Posted on July 01, 2016 at 10:04

Hi fourneron.jean_marc,

I suggest to keep all feedback on this discussion (instead other [DEAD LINK /public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Discovery/Flat.aspx?RootFolder=/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Discovery/Schematics%20for%20SPDIF%20out%20circuit%20after%20STM32F7&FolderCTID&currentviews=35]thread).

Regards