Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with STM32F446FE and STM32 MAT/TARGET

julio
Associate II
Posted on June 24, 2016 at 13:26

Hello everyone, 

I am trying to program the Nucle STM32F446FE using the STM32 MAT/TARGET and a Simulink Model, but when I build it, Simulink doen't continue with the process, blocking itself. 

I have downloaded the latest version of STM 32 MAT/TARGET, STM32CubeMx and I am using Keil MDK v5 and Matlab R2015b.

I have tried to follow the ''readme'' file of the main folder of the Mat Target, but I have not achieved anything.

What can I do? I am absolutely lost.

Also, I have tried to download the training material form the website, but the fie is blank. Does anyone have any tutorial or user guide?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
slimen
Senior
Posted on June 24, 2016 at 14:11

Hi p92lomij,

As mentioned in the 

http://http//www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/release_note/f3/7b/66/87/e4/98/46/8f/DM00080983.pdf/files/DM00080983.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00080983.pdf

that the bug related to R2015b is fixed in the new release 4.3.0 which is not available on the ST web.

So, I think you have the previous version 4.2.0 and you should have the new one 4.3.0.

More info are available at  page. 

PS: I have successfully downloaded the training material.

Regards
julio
Associate II
Posted on June 24, 2016 at 15:52

Hi forumstm32, thanks for your answer.

Finally, I have downloaded the training material, however, I thought that it would be some kind of user manual. Do you know where I could find one?

Could I use other version of matlab to solve this problem? I have also tryied Matlab 2014a and 2015a but I don't have achieved anything. I think that it could be a problem during the configuration of the stm32 mat target, but I don't have any manual to follow.

If the problem is that I don't have de newest version of the software, where can I download it? I have looked for it in the website but the available one is the 4.2.0.

Thanks.

julio
Associate II
Posted on June 27, 2016 at 13:12

Hi,

I've just downloaded the STM32 Mat/Target 4.3.0. from this website: http://www.stmcu.org/document/detail/index/id-216053, but it hasn't solved my problem.

I have built the model in simulink using C:\MATLAB\STM32-MAT\STM32\STM32demos\CodeGeneration as Current Folder and Processor-in-the-Loop as Simulation Mode. But, Keil MDK finds an error and it isn't able to create the target file.

This is the error that is reported:

compiling rt_main.c...

../../pulsadorALed/Src/rt_main.c(32): error:  #35: #error directive: Must specify a model name.  Define MODEL=name.

# error Must specify a model name.  Define MODEL=name.

../../pulsadorALed/Src/rt_main.c: 0 warnings, 1 error

Any help with this?

On the other hand, Can I build the model without using the Processor-in-the-Loop? How? I've tried but the building process doesn't call the STM32CubeMX.

Thanks!

slimen
Senior
Posted on July 01, 2016 at 13:39

Hi,

The version 4.3.0 is now available at

/content/my_st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-utilities/stm32-mat-target.license=1467372444html

page.

So, please try with this latest version and let me know if your problem is resolved.

Regards