Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with stm3210e-EVAL

samuel2399
Associate II
Posted on June 28, 2016 at 10:34

Hi everybody,

I am trying to use the stm3210e-eval with IAR (7.70). I have downloaded the demonstration software and followed the readme instructions.

- EWARM

- Open the STM3210E-EVAL_Demo.eww workspace

- Rebuild all files: Project->Rebuild all

- Load project image: Project->Debug

- Run program: Debug->Go(F5)

When I launch the debug, I have a fatal error ''Cannot connect to J-Link via USB''.

The board is connected as USB and the screen and the LEDs are On but I do not see the board in the Windows device manager so I am not sure it is well detected although I installed the USB driver STSW-LINK009 is installed.

Does someone know how to fix the problem ? Thanks very much for your help 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on June 28, 2016 at 12:32

Hi Sam_Tlse

•Be careful about jumper settings on the board

•Try to choose ST-LINK in the debug file menu

•I recommend you to have a look to the UM0488 User manual for more details about Hardware features and board configuration

-Syrine-

samuel2399
Associate II
Posted on June 28, 2016 at 15:34

Hi Syrine,

Thanks very much for your answer.

For the jumpers, I put JP13 as USB, is that correct ?

For J-Link, can you be more precise ? I am not very familiar with IAR and I do not see which menu you're talking about.

Thanks,

samuel2399
Associate II
Posted on June 29, 2016 at 08:49

I tried on another computer and when I plug the board to a USB port, nothing happens. It looks like the board is not detected and I guess that's why IAR does not see anything. The power supply jumper is connected as USB. Is it the right way to do or shall I do something else to be able to communicate with the board via a PC ?

samuel2399
Associate II
Posted on June 29, 2016 at 09:04

Things move-on. I changed the USB jumper so that the pull-up resistor is connected to USB+. Now when I connect the board to my computer, it is detected by Windows but not recognized (unknown USB device). I still have the same problem with IAR. Do you know if need to install some driver ?