cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information on STM32F405 USB schematics

cradoumis
Associate II
Posted on June 29, 2016 at 22:40

I am building a board using this MCU and I'm wondering where I can get some information on the USB schematics. Reading the data sheet somewhat helped, but didn't exactly answer my question. 

I would like the ability to power the board from USB, make programming / MCU changes from USB, and potentially use it as a peripheral device depending on whats plugged in.

Does anyone have any insight on what that schematic would look like? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#smt32f405-usb
7 REPLIES 7
slimen
Senior
cradoumis
Associate II
Posted on July 01, 2016 at 21:02

Thank you. With my minimal understanding of this mcu's power supply requirements, can someone take a look at the 2 schematics I put down to see if it will give me what I need?

Essentially, the ability to run power through USB (Either through a 5v wall charger, or PC) or a AA battery pack (I think I need 4 AA batteries?)

So power is coming through from USB on vbus on the connector, then going to PB13 (34)

Which also connects to the voltage regulators, there is a 5v and a 3.3v regulator with both vbus and the battery pack before the IN on the 5.0V regulator.

I'm not sure if I have this correct. The AA batteries are not rechargeable so I need reverse current protection as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.0690X00000605Q8QAI.png

0690X00000605QIQAY.png

cradoumis
Associate II
Posted on July 04, 2016 at 00:36

Wondering if anyone has any insight into my question.

cradoumis
Associate II
Posted on July 07, 2016 at 20:24

I think the schematic is correct, but I want to make sure before I connect this to a dev board and fry the MCU..

Posted on July 07, 2016 at 20:37

You look to have a bunch of stuff cross-connected on the VBUS net, check the netlist.

I'd probably use diodes when getting 5V from multiple sources.

You have a miss-named net USB2_DP_VR that doesn't connect to anything.

Run a DRC

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
cradoumis
Associate II
Posted on July 07, 2016 at 21:21

http://i.stack.imgur.com/th7RK.png

http://i.stack.imgur.com/ohQej.png

These two images should be easier to read.

I forgot I had labels on some of the nets. Also I removed the 2nd USB since its not needed. I want USB programming but Ill deal with that later.