cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding more ADC inputs to STM32

epalaima
Associate II
Posted on July 29, 2016 at 19:36

Hi, I am working on a project where I need a lot of ADC inputs for analog controls (20-30) and was wondering if there was a good solution for this, either in terms of another component I can interface with the board or something in the STM32 family that has that number of inputs.

Currently using the STM32F4. ADCs would need to be able to read DC as well as AC input. 

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

#!stm32 #adc
6 REPLIES 6
Posted on July 29, 2016 at 22:14

Any speed, accuracy or precision requirements?

You could slave a cheap F0 part to collect additional channels.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
raptorhal2
Lead
Posted on July 30, 2016 at 03:06

The STM32F303 has 4 ADCs and more channels than you apparently need.

Cheers, Hal

epalaima
Associate II
Posted on August 01, 2016 at 20:32

The F303 looks very well suited to my needs. I will check that one out. Thanks for your help.

epalaima
Associate II
Posted on August 01, 2016 at 21:12

Is there an F303 development board that comes with an audio codec? That would be very important for being able to transfer over my project from the F4 board.

raptorhal2
Lead
Posted on August 02, 2016 at 02:17

Check out the STM32303E-EVAL. Since many of the pins are dedicated, you will still likely have to use a Nucleo or your own board to have enough free ADC channels.

Cheers, Hal

epalaima
Associate II
Posted on August 08, 2016 at 18:39

Hi, I got an STM32F3 discovery board and have been trying to transfer my code to configure Direct Memory Access for the ADC. I've been running into some issues since a lot of the functions and defines are named differently in the libraries of the two chips. Made a post about it here, please let me know if you can help: