cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application note x eDesign (Viper 26LD)

vitor1
Associate II
Posted on September 14, 2016 at 11:29

I have used eDesign for a buck converter design approach (see attachment). However, I noticed that the suggested components value are not the same as the ones on 

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/e6/81/42/cf/74/28/4f/78/DM00127577.pdf/files/DM00127577.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00127577.pdf

. What is the reason for the differences (especially at the compensation)?

Thanks in advance for your support.
7 REPLIES 7
vitor1
Associate II
Posted on September 22, 2016 at 08:45

Dear moderator,

Could you please give a support on this issue? It is quite important as I am going to a mass production soon.

Thanks for your understanding & support!

Patrizia Bellitto

Patrizia BELLITTO
ST Employee
Posted on September 22, 2016 at 09:43

Hello,

I forwarded your question to the application engineer a week ago, I'll reply as soon as he gives me some feedback.

Thanks for your interest and patience!

vitor1
Associate II
Posted on December 13, 2016 at 13:32

Hello Patrizia,

Have you heard back from your application engineer? I have been waiting a long time for this feedback.

Thanks for your understanding!

Posted on December 14, 2016 at 10:00

Hello,

sorry, you are right...Could you tell me exactly the specification of your application?

Because the application note you pointed out expects two outputs, while eDesign allows only one.

Thanks

Patrizia

Posted on December 14, 2016 at 10:21

Hi,

Yes, the one that I pointed out has 2 outputs but it should make a big difference on the design as for the 5V output a linear regulator is used. So, my understanding is that I should have a similar design (on eDesign) if I would use the same specification as STEVAL-ISA116V1 for the 16V.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Posted on December 14, 2016 at 13:43

Hi, I verified the components suggested by the application note and there are a lot of differences between them and what suggested by eDesign. Not always there is a correspondence because application note applies to a particular situation while eDesign must provide a general optimized solution. You can try to modify your design so that it is more similar to the BOM in AN4562, in terms of inductor, output capacitor, bandwidth: however, consider that in the next days, I hope tomorrow, we are publishing a new release where the compensation net for these designs is further optimized. I'll let you know when it will be online.

Posted on December 19, 2016 at 16:43

Hello, just to inform you that the latest release of eDesignSuite contains an optimized compensation net for VIPer buck solutions. 

Regards,

Patrizia