cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-H743 out of stock

M. Jeong
Associate II
Posted on March 15, 2018 at 12:37

I wanted to try Nucleo-H743 board to see, if H7 MCU is a good choice for my application. But it seems like there's no vendor that provides the board. I think it has been a while since the board is out of stock. Does ST have plan to produce it?

If so, what would be the lead time?

9 REPLIES 9
Andrew Neil
Chief II
Posted on March 15, 2018 at 13:04

Many distributors have an option to ''check lead time'' or similar; eg,

0690X0000060A8OQAU.png

http://uk.farnell.com/stmicroelectronics/nucleo-h743zi/dev-board-nucleo-144-cortex-m7/dp/2776646

Have you tried that?

Posted on March 15, 2018 at 13:45

You missed the stock window, the lead time is given as 16 weeks, Mouser will have ~420 pieces at the end of April, and another batch at the end of May.

There are a few EVAL boards in stock. If you are a commercial customer talk to your local rep, they may have a few Nucleo boards on hand.

https://octopart.com/nucleo-h743zi-stmicroelectronics-84791425

https://octopart.com/stm32h743i-eval-stmicroelectronics-84792089

Chips are in stock, in limited quantities, reporting 30 week lead times, one could presumably find a donor Nucleo board and solder on H7 chips.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
0x90
Associate II
Posted on June 16, 2018 at 15:14

sorry for posting in your topic,

but the h743 nucleo is still difficult to get on some vendors, is there any reason behind it ?

Posted on June 16, 2018 at 16:02

Seeing availability bubbles for H7 and F7-DISCO boards, tending to July-August deliveries. Stock arriving will go to those with back-orders pending, if you don't have orders in you're likely to miss delivery windows.

Hard to understand the execution issues here, the H7 isn't getting a lot of attention, this suggests new silicon is in the pipeline, including talk of a multi core H7 and one that supports DSI and SWV properly. ST being frustratingly opaque on issues publically. At the May 3rd Tech Tour the H7 barely got a mention, brief acknowledgement it existed in a slide at the graphics presentation, and had to probe for specifics.

Seeing delivery for passives pushing out to 50-60 weeks, component vendors seem to be having problems accelerating with the economy.

If you have a hot project, speak to your local sales representatives or FAE, they usually have a handful of boards to hand, but I've generally found Mouser/DigiKey can get my boards more quickly.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on June 16, 2018 at 16:12

That, and frankly the ability to post a back order so you'll get the parts first when they come into stock. There have been plenty of boards I've posted orders against and waited 2-3 months to receive. If you don't have orders in you have to hope there will be free stock at some point. These STM32 parts are popular, it doesn't take long for thousands of boards to evaporate.

Posted on June 17, 2018 at 00:25

Not sure where you're situated, but Arrow/Verical claim to have 40 pieces in Europe

https://www.verical.com/pd/stmicroelectronics-embedded-system-development-tools-NUCLEO-H743ZI-4446451

Other place claim stock but likely want higher prices (2x to 2.5x range).

Posted on June 17, 2018 at 05:47

We buy very often from digikey so this would be my first choice,

but the digikey support couldn't tell me when I can get one from them

Stock again appears to be tight. Will probably list some of the stock I have on-hand.

Peter Mather
Associate III

Farnell in the UK has 314 in stock at normal price