Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Time out error during programming of STM32F405VG

jayanthakumar
Associate
Posted on March 02, 2018 at 13:49

Hi,

When i tried programming the STM32F405VG controller, it is giving an error that Flash timeout error, the error still observed even after multiple resets as well as power reset to the board.

Need help in this, as this is happening on multiple boards.

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on March 02, 2018 at 14:00

Your programming this on what sort of platform, with what sort of software?

On a board you designed? or a standard one?

Your description is far too vague and non-specific to determine a cause, other than it is systemic and repeatable.

Try a different system, with different cables. Try to localize or constrain the issue.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on March 02, 2018 at 14:24

Hi,

The board designed by me and using the Keil software for programming the binary.

Ulink-Me is used for programming the code.

When i try to program the code to the microcontroller (STM32F405VG) using keil software, the programming progress bar stops at one address and it shows the Flash time out error. The voltage to the controller and the peripherals are 3.3V.

Sometimes if the controller is changed to a new controller to the same board it gets programmed normally without any issues .

let me know if i have given enough description.

Posted on March 02, 2018 at 14:44

Is the address consistent across multiple devices?

Do you have any code in your application using FLASH, or implementing EEPROM Emulation?

Version of Keil and Windows being used.

Power supply issues can cause significant issues with FLASH. Double check the design, placed components and voltages at the VCAP pins.

Check for other things on your design that could drive the NRESET line or reset the chip, ie Power-On-Reset circuits w/Brown-Out detection or external watchdogs.

A custom design would mean I have no familiarity with the circuit.

Try having Keil do a full erase.

Consider trying a different debug pod, perhaps an ST-LINK with it's Utilities, or a Segger J-Link.

Try from a different system.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..