Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading and writing RFID messages AS TAG

ilans
Associate
Posted on July 05, 2016 at 12:28

Hello,

I've read product descriptions and FAQs, but still not clear about whether certain products offer me what I need.

I'm interested in a product that consists of an MCU and an antenna, which allows me to read and write RFID messages. as a tag

The typical usecase is:

1. the antenna alerts me of an incomming message

2. I send a response. the response is sent exactly as I ordered - no self-added CRC or the likes.

A big plus would be that the identification process is not done automatically, but I receive each message and respond to it myself.

Can an ST product offer me this functionality? In which product?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rene Lenerve
ST Employee
Posted on August 18, 2016 at 10:38

Hello seeder.ilan,

The dynamic NFC memories are dual interface EEPROM, you need an MCU to communicate through i2c to access the EEPROM.

1. A product that is close to your application is the M24SR with GPO pin that can generate an interruption on the MCU (see

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/nfc/st25-nfc-rfid-tags-readers/dynamic-nfc-tags/m24sr-series-dynamic-nfc-tags/m24sr04-y.html

for GPO feature)

2. With the M24SR you'll need to write the response in the EEPROM and then read it with a reader.

Hope this help you.

Kind Regards.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rene Lenerve
ST Employee
Posted on August 18, 2016 at 10:38

Hello seeder.ilan,

The dynamic NFC memories are dual interface EEPROM, you need an MCU to communicate through i2c to access the EEPROM.

1. A product that is close to your application is the M24SR with GPO pin that can generate an interruption on the MCU (see

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/nfc/st25-nfc-rfid-tags-readers/dynamic-nfc-tags/m24sr-series-dynamic-nfc-tags/m24sr04-y.html

for GPO feature)

2. With the M24SR you'll need to write the response in the EEPROM and then read it with a reader.

Hope this help you.

Kind Regards.