cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When trying to debug, won't reflash memory

davidmodulartech
Associate III
Posted on November 13, 2017 at 20:37

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the attachment to read the original post.
2 REPLIES 2
davidmodulartech
Associate III
Posted on November 15, 2017 at 13:30

I know it's a long log, and unfortunately I don't know much about OpenOCD, but from what I can tell, basically things are operating fine up until about line 805 when 'keep alive' times out. Trying to look this error up gives all kinds of different reasons for failure. It appears that somehow re-writing of the flash doesn't start properly!

I am only recently trying to get my ST-Link running under Workbench, and after some initial trials an tribulations, it actually started to work.

But I changed projects, same processor, and it stopped working. Going back to the project that worked before didn't work now either. Changed processors, and exact same failure, repeatable now between projects and processors. It would be nice if it was repeatibly functional!!

Changes between processors have slightly different cable configs, but identical pin to pin configs.

Need help, please.

davidmodulartech
Associate III
Posted on November 15, 2017 at 14:02

I see that the processor actually executes the first several lines of code (by putting LED indicators) before it proceeds to erase memory and reload the new program. If that helps any.

These first lines are not shown in the debug process. I guess they execute before the debug process is initiated.