Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeExpansion Wifi v2.1.0 - concurrency problem

memorylost
Associate
Posted on July 11, 2016 at 11:48

Hi all,

I am working with the following hardware to obtain a ''proof of concept'' before starting new hardware development:

------------------------

- STM32L476 discovery

- IDW01M1 nucleo board

Connected the two boards, using L476 USART2 for communication with IDW01M1.

This is the Access Point.

--------------------

- STM32F746 discovery

- IDW01M1 nucleo board

This is the ''client''.

-------------------

Software: using STM32CubeExpansion for WiFi v2.1.0 libraries ; I am writing application code using FreeRTOS.

L476: started ''mini AP mode'' with IDW01M1 and activated ''socket server'' mode ; this is OK.

F746: it connects to the mini AP and successfully opens a socket.

Back to L476: when the client opens the socket, this triggers a call to ''ind_socket_server_client_joined'', which puts a state variable to ''write mode''. Main loop then executes a ''wifi_socket_server_write'' to ''push'' an UNSOLICITED message to the client.

These are the problems (message is ''TEST1''):

1) client side: I receive ''AT+S.\r\nTEST1''. Client sends this back to server as an ack. Why am I receiving ''AT+S.'' ??? It's the sequence of the server to put it on data mode...

2) server side: the answer from the client gets lost, because it arrives when the ''server'' is still in ''data mode'' and going to ''command mode''.

See ''wifi_socket_server_write'' in wifi_interface.c :

if(HAL_UART_Transmit(&UartWiFiHandle, (uint8_t *)pData, DataLength,1000)!= HAL_OK)

{

Error_Handler(EH_WIFI_UART_ERROR_TX);

return WiFi_HAL_UART_ERROR;

}

//HAL_Delay(100);//Wait for tx before switching back to command mode

<<<<<<< HERE I receive the answer from the client !!! >>>>>>>

/*Switch back to Command Mode*/

if(!IO_status_flag.command_mode)

{

WiFi_switch_to_command_mode();//switch by default

while(!IO_status_flag.command_mode)

{

//Wait till command_mode is active

__NOP(); //nothing to do

}

}

If I follow the execution with debugger I see that the answer from the client is later discarded.

On the server: the problem seems that the server wants to return to command mode after sending data to client, and this introduces a concurrency issue.

On the client... receiving AT+S ?

---------------------------------

Any help on this is highly appreciated : what am I doing wrong ?

The idea is to open a socket and then have a full duplex ''transparent'' connection ; about point 2 (concurrency) I could try with client asking and server answering, but I would loose full duplex...

Thanks,

best regards
0 REPLIES 0