Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long term stability of lwip + freertos on stm32 f4

dieter 123
Associate III
Posted on July 28, 2017 at 20:43

Hi

does anyone have experience with long term stability of lwip + freertos on stm32 f4?

I have 100 boards. with Watch dog disabled every 8 hours one board will hang -> no ping response. I am just doing UDP packetlength= 600 and 40 frames per second.

Do I have a bug in the way my application code is written, or do you see such behaviour in your design too?

Thx

#stm32-free-rtos #lwip
2 REPLIES 2
andy b
Senior
Posted on July 31, 2017 at 19:04

Hi

I have no such experience but I could advise you to use ''Free RTOS + Trace'' to track down a possible bug in your code ie not enough stack ,dead locks , etc.If Trace is not an option for you you can call uxTaskGetSystemState() (located in Task.c file) which can give you a good idea of the state of your system.If you use this and update it frequently the next time your bug occurs you will know by looking at the most recent values if this is an issue with the RTOS.You will probably even know which task is problematic.(make sure you enable the correct defenition or this function will not work.You can read such informetion in the Task.h file under the function's prototype)

Hope this helps

Have a nice day

-Andy

Posted on July 31, 2017 at 20:14

For long term issues look also at heap usage, and potential for fragmentation or leaks.

Instrument code so you have some insight into what code paths are failing.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..