Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newbie: where to find an example project with TCP/IP

dieter 123
Associate III
Posted on July 18, 2016 at 10:46

Hi

I got my nucleo F7 board and have to set up a project asap which recieves TCP/IP (and ideally sends out SPI).

After 2 hours I am still a bit lost.

Should I go the STM32CUBEMX path? Or how do I get an example project which already has a built in IP handling?

Thx

#freertos #lwip #nucleo #cubemx #ethernet #lwip
2 REPLIES 2
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on July 18, 2016 at 11:32

Hidieter.dieter,

Welcome in the STM32 Community!

Regarding the way to start in order to develop your application, you have various choices:

1- review the examples available in the STM32CubeF7 package dedicated for the various STM32F7 boards. You may find Ethernet examples under ''STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.4.0\Projects\STM32756G_EVAL\Applications\LwIP''.

2- start your own application using CubeMX to initialize peripherals you need with the configuration you want. You may re-use sections available in the examples or get inspired from them.

I suggest you also to have a look to the application suggested by a forum member as a contribution here (see

https://my.st.com/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Java/Flat.aspx?RootFolder=/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Java/STM32F7-Discovery%2c%20touch%20screen%20application%2c%20tcpip%20library%2c%20Web%20server%207400

).

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

dieter 123
Associate III
Posted on October 14, 2016 at 14:19

Hi

I would like to reopen this thread:

How far is ST support help will go ? I Hope this far:

The problem with both mentioned options is: there is no CUBEMX .ioc project file.

Non of them use LWIP ''''''AND'''''' FREERTOS.

I think it would be very helpfull to have a ioc file + code to get ping running quicly on a NUCELO F767ZI. (or any other ST board with ethernet)

Can anyone help out?

Best regards,

Dieter