cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to convert a ST IAR example project (STM32F1 DALI : STSW-DALI001) to a system workbench project

dieter 123
Associate III
Posted on July 17, 2017 at 17:41

Hi

why is ST releaing example projects for IAR but not system workbench? Is there a way convert this IAR project to system workbench?

https://my.st.com/content/my_st_com/en/products/embedded-software/evaluation-tool-software/stsw-dali001.license%3d1500302118841.html

Thx

1 REPLY 1
Posted on July 17, 2017 at 18:28

Probably because IAR is a commercial grade tool used by the companies that ST is focused on supporting.

The bigger question is why can't tool chain X do a half reasonable job of 'importing' a project from tool chain Y? When you're a third tier tool chain vendor the first item on the check list would be how to pull customers away from the first tier vendor.

When I port things in to Keil, I start with a shell project, and then add in the files and directories from the other tools, and pay attention to the metadata/options within the other project, ie command line options, include paths, etc. At some point you get down to compiler specific things, like keywords, pragmas, in-line assembly, etc, and you'll have to manage those based on your understanding of your own chosen tool chain vs the one used by the original developer.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..