cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Ethernet: DHCP & MAC address - STM32F746NG

peterh.m.brooks9
Associate
Posted on September 05, 2016 at 10:19

As the title says, I'm wanting to set the Ethernet chip to enable DHCP and set its MAC address.

As I understand it - and I may well be wrong, so I'd be grateful for correction if I am - the chip manages the DHCP negotiations, all it needs is to be enabled to do this, and, of course, to have a MAC address set.

I'm using Ada, so I don't have access to the C-library that does this - which is why I need to have more detail of how it works.

I believe, again, correct me if I'm wrong, that I need to set a register, with the correct bit and correct address. I don't know which register I need to set.

What is the correct register - or, even better, where is there documentation that gives the address of the register, and the register contents?

#ethernet #dhcp #mac #stm32f7
1 REPLY 1
slimen
Senior
Posted on September 05, 2016 at 17:04

Hi,

You can refer to the

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/reference_manual/c5/cf/ef/52/c0/f1/4b/fa/DM00124865.pdf/files/DM00124865.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00124865.pdf

in section (38.8 Ethernet register descriptions) and (38.8.5 Ethernet register maps).

Regards