Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX import bug?

Elwood Downey
Associate II
Posted on February 09, 2017 at 20:12

Hello all,

I am using STM32CubeMX Version 4.19.0. I developed my project using Nucleo F446ZE which uses the LQFP package. It's all working great so now I need to move to the deployed package which is the F446ZEH UFBGA. Here is what I did in Cube:

1. create a New Project
  2. select STM32F446ZEH
  3. File -> Import project
  4. select Import Project settings
  5. browse to my Nucleo project .ioc file and click ok
  6. select Automatic import
  7. click ok
  8. it cranks for a few seconds then says 'Project is successfully imported'
  9. However, in the bottom pane is the following ominous yellow message:
  10. Import :

Some parameters can't be imported for ADC1

Can't import parameter:Channel = ADC_CHANNEL_TEMPSENSOR, it isn't a possible value in STM32F446ZEHx, it's set to default value.

Importing project completed
  11. Moving on anyway, I set up Project -> Settings and then Project -> Generate Code.
  12. I went ahead and did a build and it all compiles and links fine (I'm using gcc).
  13. I can not test it yet but I don't see anything wrong. In particular I diff'd all source files between the two projects that contain 

ADC_CHANNEL_TEMPSENSOR and they are identical.

So I can't be sure, but I'm more inclined to think this warning from Cube is bogus. Any confirmation of that, either way, would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

1 REPLY 1
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on February 13, 2017 at 10:41

Hi

Downey.Elwood

Please follow steps in the

/external-link.jspa?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.st.com%2Fcontent%2Fccc%2Fresource%2Ftechnical%2Fdocument%2Fuser_manual%2F10%2Fc5%2F1a%2F43%2F3a%2F70%2F43%2F7d%2FDM001047pdf%2Ffiles%2FDM001047pdf%2Fjcr%3Acontent%2Ftranslations%2Fen.DM001047pdf

,Tutorial 5:

exporting current project configuration to a compatible MCU

,then tell us about the result.

-Nesrine-