Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows CDC Driver issue

y23
Associate
Posted on September 02, 2016 at 08:34

Hello.

I want to use the USB High Speed with the class CDC in device mode. 

I am using the STM32F746G-DISCO board.

I have created a project with STM32CubeMX , here there is the configuration : 

MiddleWare : USB DEVICE -> Classs for HS IP is set to CDC.

Peripherals : 

RCC HSE and LSE are set to Resonator.

SYS : debug in wire mode.

USB_OTG_HS : 

Ext Phy : Device Only.

I build the project with kiel.

And I have started it.

Application is running, I have a toggle led running 

Windows 7 recognizes the USB : STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port appears in the device  manager , BUT I have a warning in the icon. : This peripheral can'be started : Code 10.

Driver installed : VCP_V1.4.0_Setup.exe

Unfortunatey, there is no example in the STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.4.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Applications\USB_Device

for the class CDC Standalone.

Can you help me please.

I have attached 2 files : 

CDC_Windows.png : It's a screen shot of the issue in the device manager.

CDC_Device.ioc : is the file configuration for the STM32CubeMx.

#stm32f7-discovery-kit
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slimen
Senior
Posted on September 02, 2016 at 12:30

Hi,

I recommend you to increase heap and stack sizes.

You can start with a working USB example to identify what is going wrong in your case and confirm if the problem here seems related to the hardware or software environment.

For example, you can get inspired from this CDC Standalone application to confirm that device is working properly: STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.4.0\Projects\STM32756G_EVAL\Applications\USB_Device\CDC_Standalone

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slimen
Senior
Posted on September 02, 2016 at 12:30

Hi,

I recommend you to increase heap and stack sizes.

You can start with a working USB example to identify what is going wrong in your case and confirm if the problem here seems related to the hardware or software environment.

For example, you can get inspired from this CDC Standalone application to confirm that device is working properly: STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.4.0\Projects\STM32756G_EVAL\Applications\USB_Device\CDC_Standalone

Regards

y23
Associate
Posted on September 02, 2016 at 14:07

Hello.

I tried to increase the Heap and stack size , and it is working well !!!

I am able to send and receive data to an hyperterminal.

Thanks a lot !!

Posted on April 10, 2017 at 01:46

This also works for me - the Default size of heap and stack Memory in the example Project i had build by cubeMX / Keil

does'nt work proper. I had use 0x400 and 0x800, just the double to get work them!

In Addition, the cubeMX generates a wrong Timing Parameter function for the System. The StM32F746NG Discovery board does not Support 216Mhz reasoned by the DRAM Speed Limit of 100Mhz.

Well, now the Windows 10 V1607 Response with a valid com4 entry of an USB 2.0 device.

Thanks for the helpfull comment. I had not got this issue on my Radar. 
Posted on April 22, 2017 at 16:18

Did you use the vcom? I am not find out how i the receive of the Serial datastream is done by the hal. their are are some rx routines in the hal Support lib but all of them are declared at private. I don't find an example how the vcom's usb-cdc Needs to be used.

any help will be appreciate.