cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS3DSH Temperature Compensation

bkamp9
Associate
Posted on July 25, 2016 at 17:07

Does anyone knows how the sensors sensitivity and offset changes over a big temperature difference?

Application Note says:

''TCSo - Sensitivity change vs. temperature: This parameter defines how sensitivity

changes with temperature. For example, at a �2.0 g full-scale range, the sensitivity

changes within �0.01%/�C. Therefore, if the environmental temperature changes

40 �C, from 25 �C to 65 �C, then the sensitivity changes within the range of �0.01% * 40

= �0.4%, which means the sensitivity change over 40 �C is within 0.996 mg/LSB and

1.004 mg/LSB, which shows that the sensitivity is very stable versus temperature

change. Thus, temperature compensation for sensitivity can be ignored.''

Does this mean that they didn't know in which direction the Sensitivity will change if i increase the temperature by 40�C? That would mean the ''Sensitivity changevs. temperature'' in the datasheet would't help me at all.

#lis3dsh #temperature
2 REPLIES 2
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on August 01, 2016 at 18:18

The sensitivity is internally compensated over temperature so the sensor TCSo is typically very low ±0.01%/°C.

You don’t have to do any other temperature compensation.

Sensitivity dependence on temperature doesn’t have to be monotonous so it not possible to say only if it has positive or negative sign.

Best regards

Miroslav 

sergeyvslnko
Associate II
Posted on July 07, 2018 at 10:13

I read on the forums and in the descriptions that each sensor has a particular temperature dependence.

And as my experiments have shown in a wide temperature range, the readings of the accelerometer and the gyroscope need to be adjusted depending on the temperature

See also topic

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkeaGSAR