Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F0- RS485 communication and HardFault Handler

pm_brk_pm
Associate II
Posted on November 02, 2016 at 09:16

Hello everyone,

Nowadays I am working on a project that includes rs485 communication via LTC 2850 Rs485 converter and currently I am using STM32F030F4  arm microcontroller.

Also I designed another controller card which works perfectly and I would like to communicate these two controller via rs485.But There is a problem on the stm32f030f4 side.

I already programmed using C++ programming with CMSIS drivers.I didn't use any cubemx based hal drivers on it.No error occurs After I build the program.

But It seems, falling into Hardfult handler eror  at Register 15 (Program Counter) when I tried to check problems using debug mode.I have been facing this problem since the last Wednesday.You can check the eror  from below picture adress.

http://i.hizliresim.com/ZYb99A.jpg

Yesterday, I decided to create another example program using cubemx with hal drivers and It programmed flash memory correctly.There were no Hardfult_handler error and I was able to check each function which is created in main function.

Also I would like to share my project with you, therefore you can check what is wrong detaily.I use Keil uvision  mdk arm ide.

The file is available in :

http://dosya.co/4p4uhpg1x53o/Cekici-devresi-versiyon-1.0.rar.html

(You should click blue ''Dosya indir'' button to download)

Any help would be highly appreciated!

#no-hablo-hal
3 REPLIES 3
pm_brk_pm
Associate II
Posted on November 04, 2016 at 15:13

I am still waiting for response.Nobody interested?

I would like to give you a good news,  I got rid of a hardfault error.But unfortunately ı dont get any response from TX pin of the usart1.I made all configurations as you can see in shared documents above, but it does not send any character from usart1.

I check it with debug mode and Usb to 3 pinconverter cable which is connected to GND,TX and RX pin of Usart1. 

Posted on November 04, 2016 at 16:02

Nobody interested?

Honestly, No.

I have little interest into digging in to HAL/CubeMX stuff. I have also covered Hard Fault stuff here ad nauseum, please review any of the dozens of threads where I've discussed them, the common causes, and the ineffectiveness of a while(1) loop to debug/diagnose them.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
pm_brk_pm
Associate II
Posted on November 07, 2016 at 11:52

Hi clive1!

The file that I shared above is created based on Cmsis drivers.I don't get Hardfault error anymore, but unfortunately ı couldn't manage to send character or string via usart1.

If you are interested in CMSis drivers,you can check this project from file which can be downloaded from above link and tell me what is wrong.

Would you like me to share and write all codes here?