Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS331HH power consumption

baks637202
Associate
Posted on July 27, 2016 at 07:20

Hi,

I try to get power consumption about 10 uA using LIS331HH in low-power mode (power supply voltage 3V). 

But I've got 23 uA average power consumption in low-power mode (0.5 Hz data rate).

Working cycle: sleep (power consumption about 5 uA) 2 sec - ''wake-up'' (290 uA) less than 0.1 sec - sleep (5 uA) 2 sec -...and so on

So, result is about 23 uA, but target power consumption is 10 uA (datasheet). What should I change?

Power consumption in power-down mode is less than 1 uA (tested).
1 REPLY 1
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on August 02, 2016 at 15:50

I think the problem is in your power consumption measurement. It is very important to measure the time and related current very precisely.

I don’t know which equipment you used, but I would recommend to use appropriate power analyzer to get accurate result.

I tried to replicate your setup with eMotion board (MKI109V2) + Unico SW, configure the sensor into Low Power mode with 0.5Hz frequency.

I also put big capacitor on the Vcc and setup my ampere meter to the highest integration time to get average current. The average current is around 9uA, which is close to the typical value in specification.

Best regards

Miroslav