Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How use one USB port to update firmware for two MCUs

zhipan
Associate II
Posted on July 28, 2016 at 08:12

Hi,

Two questions:

1. There are two MCUs on my board, they are STM32F072RB and STM32F042C6. However, my master computer has only one USB port which is integrated in a box with my board. If use two ports to update 2 MCUs, the box should be open. Obviously, it is not smart. Pls help me to find a solution to sovle the above question.

2. I know STM32F04x device can implement to allow easy programming of the virgin devices by built-in DFU without configuring BOOT pin. But how STM32F072 to implement above function. I want to not only use the built-in DFU,but also without configuring BOOT pin.

Thanks a lot!

#usb-dfu-fireware-boot
4 REPLIES 4
slimen
Senior
Posted on July 28, 2016 at 17:55

Hi,

2/ Try to install and upgrade the ST-Link firmware through this link

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/development-tool-software/stsw-link009.html

You have to un-plug the ST-LINK (in case you have already connected to your board) and plug it again so the ST-LINK becomes in DFU mode.

Regards
Posted on July 28, 2016 at 18:16

Consider wiring them in a fashion that you can implement IAP with your own loader and methods. Design with some consideration of how you might connect them.

The M0 designs aren't going to support JTAG chains.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
zhipan
Associate II
Posted on July 30, 2016 at 08:38

Hi clive1,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for my poor English. I can not understand what is a ''fashion''. I have a idea to use a 2-port USB hub to connect 2 MCUs. Is it supported by STM32 M0?

Regards

zhipan 

zhipan
Associate II
Posted on July 30, 2016 at 09:00

Hi forumstm32,

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/development-tool-software/stsw-link009.html

is a driver for ST-LINK. Can you kindly tell me how to use it in detial? Thanks.

Regards.

Zhipan