Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPDIF input capture with STM32F7

jagadeesh2
Associate
Posted on July 28, 2016 at 15:12

Hello,

I am trying to capture the SPDIF input packets received on STM32F7. I am using a LPCM Stereo input from a DVD player. DMA stream 1 is configured to receive data samples from SPDIF stream. I am receiving a Synchronization Error (SERR) interrupt always when I start. I have followed the procedure suggested in the datasheet, make SPDIFRXEN go to STATE_IDLE and restart from initialization phase. But then I am receiving a Overrun error (OVR) interrupt.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

#stm32f7 #spdif
2 REPLIES 2
slimen
Senior
Posted on July 28, 2016 at 15:34

Hi,

You can start from this SPDIFRX example provided within 

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-embedded-software/stm32cubef7.html

package and compare it with your generated code to identify what is going wrong:

\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.4.0\Projects\STM32F769I-Discovery\Examples\SPDIFRX\SPDIFRX_Loopback

Regards

jagadeesh2
Associate
Posted on July 28, 2016 at 16:26

Thank you for your reply. I did check with the example code from cubef7. Instead of blocking mode as given in the example, I am calling the interrupt mode API and implemented the RxCpltCallback to see the received data. Everything else seems to be the same as regarding to receive the SPDIF input.

I am using a STM32F746xx