Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX together with KEIL mdk 5

mde.groot9
Associate
Posted on September 30, 2016 at 11:08

Hello,

I have problems using STM32CubeMX together with KEIL mdk 5.

When starting a new project in Keil I can use all the Keil functionality, but when I open Cube from the project runtime environment and initialize everything in there, than I am not able to include Middlewares from Cube in my project. It doesn't include all the files as it does when starting a project in Cube. I can add them manually and this works ok, but this isn't a very maintenance friendly way of coding.

On the other hand, when starting a project in Cube I can't add all the Keil CMSIS and Board Support(stm32f4) functionality(only adding RTOS RTX is doable) without getting low level errors.

Is there a way of using those two together and use all of there functionality on a user-friendly way?

I hope someone can help me with this issue.

(and this post is placed instead of having to type it all over..)

#stm32cubemx
3 REPLIES 3
Walid FTITI_O
Senior II
Posted on September 30, 2016 at 12:14

Hi Mark de Groot, 

Your message is not clear. Please , try to reformulate and take into account the differece between Cube and CubeMx words. In addition, try to descrive clearly what you are not able to do : is fafter generationg the CubeMx project, you are unable to add utilities or middelware folders ? or other issue ?

-Hannibal-

mde.groot9
Associate
Posted on September 30, 2016 at 13:31

Hi Hannibal,

Sorry, I mean to say that when I create a project in KEIL Uvision and set-up the project as shown here: http://www.keil.com/pack/doc/STM32Cube/General/html/cubemx_proj.html

Than, if I add HAL drivers like I2C and SPI it works fine, but when I add Middleware(such as FATFS) it doesn't include the files in the project.

When creating a project in STM32CubeMX and than open this in KEIL, it works fine, only no possibility to use KEIL CMSIS drivers. I have shown the Keil environment in the screenshot below. USB middleware is added in both, but only the project created in STM32CubeMX has included all the files.

0690X00000604voQAA.png

I hope it is clear now, thank you for your response.

stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on October 06, 2016 at 17:57

Dear user,

Please contact Keil support for such questions.

Best regards