cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Download STM32Cube packages

robertcleere9
Associate
Posted on August 03, 2016 at 22:11

I have been trying to download packages from the st.com website without success. The files downloads proceed for a bit, but simply stop. I've tried this on multiple systems, and all do the same thing.

I'm in the US by the way.  Is the st.com site download broken?

The most urgent file I need is STM32CubeMX (Currently 4.16.0). Could someone post this to a dropbox for me?  I would deeply appreciate it :).

I Think I have the rest of the downloads for System Workbench (for STM32F103 at least).

Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6
macceb01
Associate II
Posted on August 03, 2016 at 22:29

Hi,

I also have a problem with downloading stm32cube f4 libraries version 1.13.0. I cannot do this using stmcubemx version 4.16.0. The downoading process spoted at 40 mbytes. I also tried download this form ST website but after unziped files ther is written that this is version 1.12.0 but not 1.13.0

Anyone solve out this problem ?

P.S. sorry for my engish.

Posted on August 04, 2016 at 00:07

No problem here on a Comcast/Xfinity drop

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7OY5pub_GfINEVlT01sYzAxRU0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7OY5pub_GfIUHJETlFHUDZqSTg

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
macceb01
Associate II
Posted on August 04, 2016 at 09:40

Thanks, everything is working now

robertcleere9
Associate
Posted on August 06, 2016 at 01:08

I got the files from your dropbox OK - Thanks a million!

Must be my AT&T DSL connection - a pretty slow connection unfortunately.

I found and downloaded the CubeF1 V1.4.0 (latest) at the following link:

This folder contains original STM32 archives. Parts were used in the µOS++ STM32 packages.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/micro-os-plus/files/Vendor%20Archives/STM32/

If you think that this might not be identical to the ST site version, could you possibly put that zip file on your dropbox as well?

Thanks again!  (Sorry about the bad formatting - not sure why that happened)

Posted on August 06, 2016 at 16:37

I do have a large number of cube releases archived.

AT&T has spent the best part of two years sending me frequent direct mail about DSL service with suggestions that up to 45 Mbps was available, if you searched the same address they sent it too you'd sadly find 18 Mbps was the best available. Why in this century you can't mail-merge from a database of service level available frankly staggers me. Mediacom on the other hand can deliver 105-150 Mbps, and has 15 Mbps at a fraction of AT&T's top-tier ''high speed'' service. Needless to say I haven't had hard line phone service in quite a while, nor have my immediate family.

BasicTalk has a VoIP box service that runs under $14/month including taxes.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on August 06, 2016 at 16:46

ST's site does have MD5 sums to validate integrity, I haven't found their site to be particularly fast or reliable, often stalling or terminating early.

Something that would scale a lot better would be torrents, it also fails over and recovers better. Cube only needs to be a client, and ST could deploy in a few of their offices/locations world wide.