cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load program in stm32f0 using st link/v2 ?

kalpeshpatil102
Associate III
Posted on September 17, 2016 at 07:55

Hi, i want to load program to stm32f0 . i am using MDK keil version 5.I have external  st link/v2 for programing. i didn't have development board.

For programming connecting made

Stm32f0

St link/v2

VDD  VDD

Ground (VSS)

Ground (VSS)

SWCLK  SWCLK

SWDIO SWDIO

but it didn't work .  error when it connected ''no target is connected''. i am also try with STM32 ST-LINK Utility but same error. i didn't understand what to do ?

i am new to stm32. please help me .

thank you

6 REPLIES 6
michaelc.barton9
Associate II
Posted on September 17, 2016 at 10:47

I think you will also need to connect up the nRST (Reset) wire aswell

Posted on September 17, 2016 at 22:42

It might not be an issue with the connections. If your board design doesn't start the CPU properly it is going to be inaccessible and thus the error.

Review carefully the supplies, especially the analogue ones, check the state of the NRST line. Share the design details for other to review.

I too would connect the NRST to my debug interface.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
kalpeshpatil102
Associate III
Posted on September 18, 2016 at 06:17

michaelc.barton9
Associate II
Posted on September 18, 2016 at 09:34

ok you need to check all connections for your particular chip - all Vdd (Supply) and Vss (Ground) need to be connected up.

BOOT0 needs a pull-down resistor

The NRST needs a 100nF capacitor to ground

See example schematic in ST

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/evaluation-tools/product-evaluation-tools/mcu-eval-tools/stm32-mcu-eval-tools/stm32-mcu-nucleo/nucleo-f031k6.html

board

http://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00231744.pdf

Really, if you are a beginner, I would recommend these boards or maybe Nucleo-64, or perhaps these arn't available where you are located

Posted on September 18, 2016 at 14:44

VDDA needs to be connected for the part to start.

Pins 1 or 2 of the 20-pin JTAG Header need to have a supply connected to drive the buffers.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
kalpeshpatil102
Associate III
Posted on September 20, 2016 at 08:30

Thank you clive1, barton.michael for your help.

finally i can load program to stm32 by using external st link/v2.  to load program i made connection like this .

STM32F0  ST LINK/V2

VDD  VDD

GND  GND

SWDIO  SWDIO

SWCLK  SWCLK

NRST

NRST

VCC  VAPP(JTAG)

thank you to all for your suggestion and help.