cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QSPI stm32f446 w25q128

Posted on April 22, 2017 at 06:43

Hello. I use a bunch of stm32f446 and w25q128. Connected QSPI. Data is only read is single line mode. If you use four lines mode, it does not work correctly. As an example I used from Open-7xx Quad SPI w25q128. Tell me, it's problem w25q128 or QSPI peripheral module. The attached photo shows the result of the reading function on four lines(Q0 - Q3). In pdf it is indicated that empty cycles are needed(DummyCycles). But if I add them, then nonsense is read.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on April 28, 2017 at 18:17

The problem is solved. After a detailed study of the motherboard from the manufacturer, it turned   out that the marking of the PF5 and PF6 pins was incorrectly marked. The QSPI module works grate. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Posted on April 27, 2017 at 23:40

Hello. The improper operation of QSPI peripherals caused me to write support for this protocol on stm32f103vet. The conducted experiment confirmed my assumption that this periphery works incorrectly with w25q128. It is unfortunate that the developers did not lay the opportunity to use the whole spectrum of memory working on QSPI.

Posted on April 28, 2017 at 18:17

The problem is solved. After a detailed study of the motherboard from the manufacturer, it turned   out that the marking of the PF5 and PF6 pins was incorrectly marked. The QSPI module works grate. 

Ray Mendoza
Associate II
Posted on September 29, 2017 at 17:52

Hello!

I am a using the same device in my design. It uses the STM32F7 and the qspi flash will be used to store images.

Did you just initialize qspi in firmware and immediately started using it? I am asking because I use the Keil IDE and I believe you have to add the device in the programming algorithm list.

Also what is open7xx?

Thank you!

Posted on September 29, 2017 at 20:39

O

pen7xx is a development board.

I was trying to create an algorithm.

But I did not fully understand how this is done.

Posted on September 29, 2017 at 20:47

I understand that it is necessary to assign an area in the .sct file to the QSPI area.

Create in the text programs pointers to this area.

In the files for ST-Link add the protocol (function) of the exchange with m / s memory.

Ray Mendoza
Associate II
Posted on September 29, 2017 at 22:51

Do you believe that writing the program sector and erase sector algorithms can be done by using X-CUBE-BOOT?

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-embedded-software-expansion/x-cube-extboot.html

Posted on September 30, 2017 at 12:17

I read it.

But I need to make a download from the development environment.

For example Keil.

To do this, you need to add a load algorithm.

But it does not work yet.

And in the ST-Link Utility support only H23qxx.

Posted on September 30, 2017 at 13:20

And another question.

How to deal with F7.

It does not support UART boot