cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-Cube-Crypto Library CubeMX Help

ayarema
Associate II
Posted on August 09, 2016 at 23:33

I downloadedX-Cube-Crypto Library from the email and i have the zip. Issue is that i cant seem to find anything that would install it into the CubeMX software. I can browse the zip and see the files and examples included but when i try to install new libraries on CubeMX from local it says ''This Package version is not managed on this version of STM32CubeMX''.

My version is 4.0 for CubeMX.

Is there a way to install this lib so that CubeMX is able to create the necessary C source files when project is generated?

Question 2 is about the fact that System Workbench is missing from the examples, and support for the F7 series. Is there a plan to add that anytime soon?

Thanks

Andriy

#!stm32-!cubemx-!stm32-stm32f7

Note: this post was migrated and contained many threaded conversations, some content may be missing.
25 REPLIES 25
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on August 11, 2016 at 11:01

Hi yarema.andriy,

1- The X-Cube-CryptoLib isn't supported in CubeMX now. Your request is shared internally for farther investigation and feasibility analysis.

2- SW4STM32 isn't supported only in the examples available under STM32CubeExpansion_Crypto_V3.1.0\Fw_Crypto. However examples under STM32CubeExpansion_Crypto_V3.1.0\AccHw_Crypto support it even for STM32F7.

3- What do you mean by ''support for the F7 series'' in your question. What is missing for F7?

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

ayarema
Associate II
Posted on August 11, 2016 at 19:25

The release notes for the HW acceleration specifically only mention support for ''

STM32F756G/STM32F746G 

device 

and STM327x6G-EVAL revA''

The release notes for the Firmware library specifically only mention support for ''

STM32756G-EVAL/ 

STM32746G-EVAL 

boards RevB''

I guess i was looking for a master list of all of the supported boards as well as chips since its good to be sure the crypto library 

doesn't

have some hidden limitation for the chip we use.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on August 17, 2016 at 13:10

Hi yarema.andriy,

Any STM32F7 device is supported by the library.

The boards in the release notes are the ones used in the examples, no limitation on supported devices for the .lib.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on August 11, 2017 at 17:24

I tried the libraries in the examples 

under STM32CubeExpansion_Crypto_V3.1.0\AccHw_Crypto but I get an error:

c:/ac6/systemworkbench/plugins/fr.ac6.mcu.externaltools.arm-none.win32_1.12.0.201611241417/tools/compiler/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: error: myproj.elf uses VFP register arguments, C:\myproj\Middlewares\ST\STM32_Cryptographic\Lib/libSTM32CryptographicV3.0.0_CM7_GCC_ot_FPU.a(crypto.o) does not

How do I resolve this?

Posted on August 11, 2017 at 17:49

>>

How do I resolve this?

It suggests a mismatch between the cpu/fpu options between those used to compile the project and those used to compile the library.

I would look at the float ABI, hard vs soft, etc.

-mcpu=cortex-m7  -mfloat-abi=hard  -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on August 11, 2017 at 17:55

You need to compile with FPU option in Hardware  (VFP)  activated in your script  or adapt it with  the right library we provide. with _FPU.

See  Release_Notes.html

Cheers,

STOne-32.

Posted on August 11, 2017 at 18:04

I have the flags

-mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv5-d16

and selected the 

_FPU library, but it still fails.

Thanks.

Posted on August 11, 2017 at 18:14

The error suggests the library was built without FPU support, or perhaps a prior version of the linker.

The error also suggests the expectation of the SOFT ABI, where parameters aren't passed in FPU/VFP registers.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on August 11, 2017 at 21:30

Hi to everyone,

I'm not sure but maybe this could help to you:

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009nNBvtSAG

The example was made with software acceleration but it's almost the same for hardware...