cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F746g-Disco slows down

asfmail
Associate II
Posted on September 24, 2016 at 14:58

I have several stm32f746g disco mb1191b-02, and they are beautiful!

I recently purchased stm32f746g disco mb1191b -04, but for my application slows down a hundred times. Keil compiler. How to make it work fast?
7 REPLIES 7
Posted on September 24, 2016 at 15:11

Check the solder-bridges on the board.

Check the clock sources.

Check the RCC registers configuring the clocks, confirm which clock sources it is using, confirm the PLL is running.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
asfmail
Associate II
Posted on September 24, 2016 at 15:17

Check the solder-bridges on the board.??? No in board

Check the clock sources.

Check the RCC registers configuring the clocks, confirm which clock sources it is using

Its ok!

I use old HEX fire, but no result

In Old board work normaly, but in new board work slow! 

asfmail
Associate II
Posted on September 24, 2016 at 15:25

HEX file is one. In ferst board project is work, but in second board project is slow!

Procrssor in first board stm32f746ngh6u 78a2z and in second stm32f746ngh6u 78a2F

First board b-02 , second board is b-04

Posted on September 24, 2016 at 17:35

Unless the .HEX file is decomposing the RCC settings and printing them out it is not going to help you understand why the speed/gearing has changed. Changes in caching wouldn't explain the dramatic change in speed, clock gearing would.

I'd start there, digging through the SystemInit() code, and the Errata or any stepping related changes. Look if ST changed the start up code in newer releases of CubeMX/HAL

I don't have a sufficiently deep collection of board to review, feel free to send me some...

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
asfmail
Associate II
Posted on September 24, 2016 at 18:52

I recompiled the code, rummaging in init systems, changed everything, but there is no effect.

asfmail
Associate II
Posted on September 24, 2016 at 18:53

But it works great example of a default with external loader

asfmail
Associate II
Posted on September 24, 2016 at 21:40

CLOSED

Firmware update stlink in board