Associate II
Posted on December 13, 2008 at 11:35

flash loader demo v1.2

4 REPLIES 4
jcai007
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:56

Hello,

I was able to use the loader (v1.2) with a normal com port, but no luck with a virtual com port (i.e. a FTDI based USB2Serial type of com port). The loader can find it, but just doesn't seem to communicate with the target. Verified with a scope on the Tx and Rx lines with no activity found.

I have another program that can make use of this virtual com port, so the hardware is assumed working fine.

The earlier version of the loader seemed to have problem with com port number greater than 9, but should have been fixed in this version 1.2.

My com port appears to be ''COM22'' on my PC by the way.

Any idea? Is the source of the flash loader demo available?

Thanks in advance!

JC

heavelove1
Associate II

==Perhaps you can change Com22 to com1~9 in the device manager of widowns, it should can work.

==You can also choose my program ''eisp'', from www.mcuisp.com, to replace the offical Flash Demo V1.2, maybe it work more fine. It's free to use too. <b
jcai007
Associate II

Hi heavelove,

I changed the port number to 2, and it worked. :D

I also downloaded and tried your eisp program. It worked great.

It would be nice to add support for pure binary file (i.e. *.bin).

Thanks so much.

JC

[ This message was edited by: jcai007 on 12-12-2008 20:14 ]

heavelove1
Associate II

Dear jcai007:

==Thanks for your suggest, it's useful to improve my program.

==It's excite for know my program helps somebody,haha!!!

==Because Cortex-M3's application can start from 0x08000000(when program flash), or 0x20000200(when Debug in sram,the first 512byte is used by Bootloader), BIN files format is lack for those information. So the next version will consider the start address of application use BIN files is 0x08000000.

==Use file format ''Intel Hex'',''Motorola SREC'',''IAR simplecode'',''TI msp430'' format is better.

==If you use IAR and ST-LINK, ''IAR simplecode'' is the best one,because it is used also by ST-LINK flashloader.

Recards!