cabecas
Associate
Posted on December 16, 2008 at 03:19

interfacing sd/mmc card

3 REPLIES 3
cabecas
Associate
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:56

Hi, can I interface a sd/mmc card with a STM32F103 without being with SPI interface?I want to capture video from a camera (VS6724) VGA 30 fps (only 20 seconds) and store in a memory card, I my question is if I can do that directly without buffer the video in a RAM.

thank you

relaxe
Associate II

You are limited to the SPI interface for all MCU without the SDIO interface. The STM32F103ZE on the STM3210E-EVAL have such a port.

If your board/mcu supports it, there is an example application at exemples/sdio/sdcard with a multiblock-write sequence.

Your limiting factor here is clearly speed, as you need to write a lot of data in a short timeframe. I suggest you run the example app with a very fast SDHC card (class 6), and benchmark your top speed. If it is not enough, nothing will do and you will need a ram buffer.

On another thread called ''SDIO + Fat16/Fat32'' there is an exemple of a FAT32 application over SDIO and SPI so you can use normal windows compatible file system on your card.

janek
Associate II

Quote:

On 15-12-2008 at 20:26, Anonymous wrote:

Hi, can I interface a sd/mmc card with a STM32F103 without being with SPI interface?I want to capture video from a camera (VS6724) VGA 30 fps (only 20 seconds) and store in a memory card, I my question is if I can do that directly without buffer the video in a RAM.

thank you

Can I ask you, where did you get the camera from (VS6724)?

I need a couple of them plus connectors for my project as well.

If anyone knows a source of above please let me know.

I had once the samples promised through an Australian distributor, but after a year of waiting the people from ST changed their minds and deny any samples even I was happy to pay for them.

Jan