cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWERSTEP01 shorted

ellerre
Associate
Posted on August 22, 2016 at 18:31

The EVLPOWERSTEP01 demo board has worked fine for one day.

Programming with 

STEVAL-PCC009V2 INTERFACE BOARD BASED ON STM32 was quite difficult since STEP01 registers configuration often seems lost.

Now the STEP01 shorts 48V supply to GND.

Maybe some register programming can destroy the STEP01; better if the programming can't burn the device this simple way.

#powerstep01
5 REPLIES 5
Ron Verstegen
Associate
Posted on May 18, 2018 at 21:57

Hi, I had exact the same. Just simple experimenting and I blew up my POWERSTEP01 on the evaluation board. Without a warning a melt down 

Hi, I burn out my demo board also. It shorts A+ to Vin. The chips work fine, and ans the SPI, but when I turn the bridge on, it foes to hiz inmediately. Anyone knows if some of the registers are so critical to burn it? I use the board for a week without problem, ans suddenly it burn out. Thanks

BL1
Associate II

Hi @Cristiana SCARAMEL​ ,

We are observing the same issue as in this channel:

Motor + HMI01A3 where working fine, we stopped them, turned all off and when we turned it on next day, nothing was working (same wiring, same configuration, ...).

UVLO flag is always on, avoiding current to be sent to motor. All is stuck in HiZ mode.

Do you have any idea about what happened? or how to make it work again ? (due to current semiconductor crisis there is none on sale ...)

Thanks!

Laetitia

ellerre
Associate
Hi,
the PowerStep chip is very actractive, yet cannot currently turn it to mass production due to uncertainity in current limitation and short circuit possibility. Hope that ST will fix in some way.
rgds,
Giulio

Hi @BL​,

please open a new topic with your application info.

In the meantime, you can start measuring whether all the supply voltages are correctly present.