Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMA initialization - CubeMX

heifetsg
Associate II
Posted on August 23, 2016 at 09:38

Hi,

I'm trying to use cubeMX to initiate DMA transfer using timer event.

On timer event I would like to copy GPIO port to memory.

I see a lot of examples how to do it without cubeMX, but it looks that they use other HAL functions (maybe from keil).

But I don't see any example of how to do it from cubeMX or using HAL functions. The only examples I can find are ADC reading.

I use System Workbench as IDE.

I would like for some directions before I start to implement it manually

Best regards,

Gregory

#hal #!stm32 #!cubemx #!dma #citation-required
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on August 23, 2016 at 13:51

I see a lot of examples how to do it without cubeMX, but it looks that they use other HAL functions (maybe from keil).

Absent a cite of the specific for the code being referenced, I'd assume it is actually SPL (Standard Peripheral Library) code.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Walid FTITI_O
Senior II
Posted on August 24, 2016 at 13:30

Hi heifets.gregory,

There is a set of DMA example useful for your case in STM32cube packages that use HAL library. Try to pick the one suitable for the device and board you are using and start from it. For example, for STM32F4 device you find ''DMA_FLASHToRAM'' example in

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-embedded-software/stm32cubef4.html

at this path: STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.13.0\Projects\STM324xG_EVAL\Examples\DMA\DMA_FLASHToRAM

Concerning CubeMx, there is no ready for use project or .ioc files. You ought to develop your own project using the tool and based on similar Hal example/project

-Hannibal-