cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX 4.19: Nucleo-F4 Board Selection?

troneeee
Associate II
Posted on January 16, 2017 at 11:36

Subject: CubeMX 4.19: Nucleo-F4 Board Selection?

Hi there,

01-16-2017

I have CubeMX 4.19 installed with these 'FW' for  STM 32L1 & 32F4 processors:

- STM32Cube_FW_L1_V1.6.0

- STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.14.0

My target: STM32 Nucleo-F401RE board that I am using to learn the STM series processors and libs, programming strategies. However, there is no board selection for any 'Nucleo F4' boards in the v4.19 CubeMX, yet there are board selections available for STM 32F4 'Discovery' boards as can be seen in the two screen captures below.

CubeMX v4.19 Missing Nucleo-F4 Board Selection Problem

0690X000006063ZQAQ.png

CubeMX v4.19 32F4 'Discovery' Board Selections are available

0690X000006063tQAA.png

On the STM website, I find that there are only three F4 Nucleo boards being offered:

NUCLEO-F401RE

NUCLEO-F410RB

NUCLEO-F411RE

While it is true that I can likely kluge together a work-around project, I am using my Nucleo-F401RE board's Morpho-connectors (neato-feature) in a project, I wire-wrapped the prototype. So it would really be convenient to be able to use a CubeMX board initialization project configuration & any associated default connector labels.

Is this a bug or an oversight? Is a patch available that resolves the matter that I've missed? A planned future feature?

Thanks in advance,

gps engineer

Photo Inserts:

1) CubeMX_419 Nucleo-F4 Board Selection Problem.png

2) CubeMX_419 Discovery F4 Board Selection.png

Tags: CubeMX 4.19, stm32F4, Missing Nucleo32 Board Selection Setting

Categories: Help others find your content by selecting relevant categories

x  STM32 Evaluation Tools

x  STM32 Software Tools and Firmware
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II
Posted on January 16, 2017 at 14:49

Hi armor,

• Thanks a lot for your compliments, it's always nice to hear that our customers are satisfied with our services .
  • Unfortunately, you can not add your own board to the cubeMX 'board selector'database. However, using the

'MCU selector' window, 

you can configure the MCU, that you will work with, as your hardware requires.
  • For other boards (that do not belong to ST), I will highlight your proposal internally.

Regards,

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II
Posted on January 16, 2017 at 12:07

Hi Armor,

The STM32F401RE device contains 64 pins. So, in CubeMX, you should choose ''Nucleo64'' and not ''Nucleo32''.

0690X000006063oQAA.png

Just for you information, there is also another Nucleo64 pin (other than the ones that you have already enumerated); which is the Nucleo-F446RE.

Please feel free to contact as if you need more help.

Best regards,

Khouloud.
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II
Posted on January 16, 2017 at 14:49

Hi armor,

• Thanks a lot for your compliments, it's always nice to hear that our customers are satisfied with our services .
  • Unfortunately, you can not add your own board to the cubeMX 'board selector'database. However, using the

'MCU selector' window, 

you can configure the MCU, that you will work with, as your hardware requires.
  • For other boards (that do not belong to ST), I will highlight your proposal internally.

Regards,

Khouloud.

Posted on January 16, 2017 at 14:19

Khouloud G,

Thanks for the nice and cogent reply. Hah! Actually I came back to the forum as it dawned on me that the 'Board' selector 'type' indicates the number of uController package pins. Clever. Probably would have figured it out if I had expended just a bit more time click'n & clack'n on CubeMX and doing a bit more reading of the UM1718 manual.

While discoursing re; CubeMX, is there some facility or perhaps a guide somewhere that enables one to engineer their own 'board' design datum which then can be *added* to the CubeMX Board-Selector database? That way I could add my own board designs for convenience, or even add, boards made by AdaFruit, Olimex, etc. Not intending to compete with STM's nicely priced evaluation and development boards.  Of course any bugs would need be remedied by the third-party.  The feature couldprove be very useful, whole cottage industries could develop from it.

In any case CubeMX is a sexy program.

Thanks

armor

gps engineer