cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't understand the eDesign Studio Viper26's schematics!

xldoce24
Associate II
Posted on October 20, 2016 at 21:39

Hi to all,

I take weeks trying to find a solution for miniaturization of an AC / DC Converter.

Today I thought I had found the solution with the Viper26 and superb eDesignSuite tool but when I analyzed the attached resulting circuit, I just do not understand the meaning of the two different grounds, represented by a triangle (circuit ground, I guess) and the other represented by three horizontal stripes (earth plug, perhaps?).

In the abundant documentation ST, I haven't found anything nor description, nor examples with these two types of grounds, besides, I find it shocking that the GND/Source output is connected directly to the circuit ground and through D to the another ground (earth plug?).

I appreciate your help. Thank you for your time and attention.
5 REPLIES 5
M. Palano
Associate III
Posted on October 21, 2016 at 11:43

Hello,

The circuit ground is the big one (the black big one).

The small white triangle is the GND level seen by the device. The meaning is that you have to connect CVcc, C4 and Cc to the device GND pin.

xldoce24
Associate II
Posted on October 24, 2016 at 12:15

Thank you, Marcello.

I really don't understand this ''the GND level seen by the device'', however, in fact, the important thing is to have a functioning circuit.

I am not English speaker so, please, I appreciate that you confirm me that the attached circuit with the modifications indicated by you, is correct.

Newly, thanks and best regards,

Attachments :

DEFINITIVE.png : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HzET&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bIh%2Fd_gQAB60bnip8i5aCt8hTLIDUBLKWODAdSCoBNMwyx8&asPdf=false
xldoce24
Associate II
Posted on October 26, 2016 at 11:40

Please, Marcello, can you answer my last post?. Thanks

M. Palano
Associate III
Posted on October 26, 2016 at 19:06

Hello,

as I said before, you have to connect the 

CVcc, C4 and Cc to the GND pin of the device, as shown in the attached image.

0690X00000603Q1QAI.jpg

Hope this can help.

xldoce24
Associate II
Posted on November 03, 2016 at 21:18

Thanks, Marcello. Just to clarify your comments:

1. Definitely, there is only a single ground, represented by the usual symbol of 3 parallel lines.

2. The ground represented by an inverted triangle is a fictitious ground. (I've seen that you've deleted it from the schematic).

I beg you to confirm the above two points and if everything is correct I can already order the PCB prototypes.

Newly thanks and best regards,