Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irda standard version

mh2
Associate III
Posted on September 06, 2016 at 17:39

Hi everybody

I'm going to use the Irda output of STM32L151 and send som data to PC using the usb to irda adaptor in PC side. I want to know which version of the Irda standard used in STM 32 microcontroller? I  search so much but I didn't find anything about it.

thanks
2 REPLIES 2
mh2
Associate III
Posted on September 07, 2016 at 16:07

Does anyone have idea about the irda standard? I want to bought the usb to irda adaptor, however I don't know which of the adaptor are compatible with STM32 Irda port.

Thanks

Posted on September 07, 2016 at 18:02

To be honest, no this isn't something I use, my technique to find out would be to review the example codes, board designs (STM32L152-EVAL for example), along with the documentation. My guess would be it supports 115Kbps and 4Mbps type modes.

I don't think it does much more than provide the 'physical' layer, and the 'standard' likely requires more of a protocol stack to achieve what you need. If you have any prior experience with IrDA this should be sufficient  to Google, and locate some relatively portable code as a basis to start from.

Tranceiver used on STM32 EVAL boards

TFDU6300  

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/60702.pdf

Example code, portable to platform

STM32F10x_StdPeriph_Lib_V3.5.0\Project\STM32F10x_StdPeriph_Examples\USART\IrDA\Receive\readme.txt

STM32F10x_StdPeriph_Lib_V3.5.0\Project\STM32F10x_StdPeriph_Examples\USART\IrDA\Transmit\readme.txt

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..