Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP_AUDIO_OUT_Play function stops program execution

misterstarshine
Associate III
Posted on September 18, 2016 at 17:47

Hi.

The function BSP_AUDIO_OUT_Play stops the program flow completely even before the return value can be read. The audio buffer is output as a never ending loop. The BSP_AUDIO_OUT_Init worked well with no error codes. I know now that my simple code should work since I've compared it to example codes. I've got the STM32F746G Discovery board and my project is at halt now since I need audio playback.

Although the main program flow is stopped it seems I can flash a led from the SysTick callback routine. I've tried to trigger a BSP_AUDIO_OUT_Stop from the SysTick with no success. There must be a bug in any of the libraries that causes this behaviour and it is very serious. There is no way I can continue with my project until this problem is resolved.

I have tried to tweak with many things and tried many clock configurations. No matter how slow I run the system clocks this problem persists. I've tried to run the function HAL_SAI_Transfer_DMA and that stops program flow too. Maybe this problem is related to DMA somehow.

If anyone can provide a precompiled ''elf'' file of an example application so that I can verify that my board is ok would be greately appreciated. I cannot import example projects into System Workbench. Nor am I able to debug the code.
1 REPLY 1
slimen
Senior
Posted on September 21, 2016 at 18:11

Hi,

We need more details about the issue you are facing : which firmware version using ? which BSP example are you based ? If possible to share your code.

Regards