cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does stm32/cubemx HALs support CMSIS of KEIL MDK correctly ?

Md Mubdiul Hasan
Associate III
Posted on November 21, 2016 at 07:21

Hi Everyone,

I would like to keep attention to those users who are using cubemx codes in mdk keil environment.

Take a look at my build console output, its a common error I know, 

C:\Keil_v5\ARM\PACK\Keil\STM32F0xx_DFP\1.5.0\Device\Include\stm32f070xb.h(130): error: #5: cannot open source input file ''core_cm0.h'': No such file or directory

If you look the project branch its looks like ARMCC of keil does not support the CMSIS driver!!0690X00000604wNQAQ.png

If you click on the driver file it shows,

0690X00000604wSQAQ.png

Kindly suggest me what to do.
7 REPLIES 7
slimen
Senior
Posted on November 21, 2016 at 11:33

Hello,

I think you haven't configured the Include paths within the project.

You have to review the defines and provide the compiler with a list of include file paths.

Regards

Md Mubdiul Hasan
Associate III
Posted on November 22, 2016 at 05:53

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much to text here.

I have 

selected the device startup in MDK 5., like selecting CMSIS:CORE and Device:Startup .

And also, after generating a code in cubemx, I have followed the include path same to example project.

Now it works, 

but build errors exists as I am compiling a complex project.

Let me know in which forum is suitable to ask the questions regarding , pre-processor setting, Options for target, macros in this community? 

Posted on November 22, 2016 at 17:59

Let me know in which forum is suitable to ask the questions regarding , pre-processor setting, Options for target, macros in this community?

The audience here is finite. You can also review tool chain documentation, and examples. For staffing, ST maintains a list of consultants and contractors, and has FAE support for large customers.

The Keil project tree really only wants the .C files dropped into it, it can find the include file dependencies via the Include Paths, and it doesn't need to explicitly compile/build include files, as they shouldn't really be contributing source code to build.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Md Mubdiul Hasan
Associate III
Posted on November 23, 2016 at 03:14

''and it doesn't need to explicitly compile/build include files, as they shouldn't really be contributing source code to build.''

This valuable comment is vital key here, compared to Eclipse what advantage you find here in KEIL?

Why you feel its much convenient ? Isnt eclipse has option for skip building source code ?

Posted on January 15, 2018 at 11:11

Hi

Hasan.Md_Mubdiul

It seems that your question related to CubeMX was answered and that your remaining point concerned the advantages/disadvantages between Keil, Eclipse...

I am trying to retrieve some interesting threads on the differences between Keil/Eclipse ans I will be back to you.

If I miss something, feel free to contact me.

BR. Jeanne

Posted on January 15, 2018 at 13:43

is a thread example that deals with toolchain. You have many other information on the internet.

BR. Jeanne

Posted on June 05, 2018 at 06:26

Hello Joly,

Thank you very much.

Its a long I have not been here.