cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 Discovery VDD voltage

malik
Associate II
Posted on September 09, 2016 at 14:20

Hey guys! I started a project in stm32cubeMX with my discovery board, and set the operating voltage to 3.3V but for some reason I always have 2.9V on my VDD pins. I tried supplying the board with an external 5V supply but result was the same. 

It might seem trivial but I was planning on using the board's ADCs to automate measurements on some electronics so it messes up my plans quite a bit.
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on September 10, 2016 at 04:23

There's a regulator and a diode, but most DISCO boards run at ~3V

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
malik
Associate II
Posted on September 12, 2016 at 15:35

So does it mean that the operating voltages on discovery boards cannot be changed? or would i have to change the regulator and diode (which isn't really an option probably)?

Posted on September 12, 2016 at 18:19

Depends what options you discount. The circuit diagram would seem to offer a number of options to change the powering to the STM32 within the spec limits, starting with changing the regulator.

You are not going to be able to run the ADCs up to 5V, but I believe you could run the analogue/digital supplies up to 3.6V

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
malik
Associate II
Posted on September 13, 2016 at 09:49

OK so it is possible but only through hardware changes. Thank you very much for your help! Appreciate it! 🙂