Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use LAN8720a for PHY (init ethernet)

hamrgh
Associate II
Posted on September 27, 2016 at 11:50

hi 

I working with stm 32 f 429 with cubemx (to init ethernet)

in cubemx PHY is DP83848 but i using LAN8720a

What changes should be in Keil (FOR Lan8720a) ?

any body know?

There is contents dispersed in some page in this forum but incomplete 

Does anyone have sample code with LAN8720a & HAL driver?

#cubemx #stm32f4 #ethernet #lwip
11 REPLIES 11
hamrgh
Associate II
Posted on October 01, 2016 at 20:38

No Body is not here ???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on October 02, 2016 at 01:02

Very few people here providing answers, even fewer using HAL.

I would suggest you review implementation for the

https://www.element14.com/community/community/designcenter/stm32f4-discovery-expansion-boards

breakout board which uses the LAN8720 in RMII mode. I'd pay particular attention to the PHY_ADDR.

You could look for other STM32 based boards using the chip also.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
islab dna
Associate
Posted on May 30, 2017 at 08:26

Were you able to get this to work? If so, I would appreciate your help as I am trying the same thing with STM32F407VG using the HAL library but no luck. 

ss infod
Associate II
andy b
Senior
Posted on July 31, 2017 at 18:51

Hi

I have made stm32f4 discovery + LAN8720 PHY work with no problems (also using HAL) if any of you still have questions. Fire away! I will try to help you as much as I can.

Have a nice day

-Andy
Posted on September 11, 2017 at 21:57

Hi Andy, how are you?

Which board did you used? STM32F429-DISC1? I'm reading a lot to solve my problem and every site that was talking about this board, I must to do some rework in the board. I'm already loosing my mind (lol). If you're using this board, can you help me to get my project run?

I really appreciate your support!

Greetings,

Alex

Mark Shoe
Senior
Posted on September 18, 2017 at 14:19

Had the same problem. It was the reset line to the LAN8720 you need to set it in the low_level_init and not after the MX_LWIP_Init in main. So bring the chip out of reset before doing the init.

Hello andy,

I am working with lan8720 and stm32f407. I generated code using stm32cubemx with lwip and eth driver. Code is compiled successful and I connect lan8720 with stm32f407 as per RMII mode. I put LWIP_Init() in main and LWIP_Process() and Led blinking in while loop. Now I flash the programme led is blinking but Ethernet didn't get IP and no light on lan8720 ,ethernet link not up. So any one can help me what configuration required while generating code . If any one have sample code please share with me .

Thanks

Kenil​

I got following error. How can I solve this error ?

Assertion "netif is not up, old style port?" failed at line 727 in ../Middlewares/Third_Party/LwIP/src/core/ipv4/dhcp.c