Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect two boards with ethernet

hamrgh
Associate II
Posted on September 24, 2016 at 10:36

hi

I working with stmf429 board with cubemx and HAL driver and i must run ethernet protocol (with LWIP or without)

I want to connect 2 boards to each other 

(for example press key and led light up in other board)

I do not know where to start 

Anyone who knows please help me .

thanks

#lwip #stm32f4 #cube #stm32f4-eth
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on September 24, 2016 at 15:05

Ok, can we please not cross-post, duplicate and abandon threads, the participants here are finite.

https://my.st.com/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/Flat.aspx?RootFolder=https://my.st.com/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/Connect%202%20board%20to%20each%20other%20with%20Ethernet%20Protocol&FolderCTID=0x01200200770978C69A1141439FE559EB459D7580009C4E14902C3CDE46A77...

Are you going to connect these through a hub or switch, or be using DHCP or Fixed IP addresses?

Each board will need it's own MAC address.

Each will need a unique IP address if using TCP/IP.

You will need a cross-over cable if directly connecting two boards.

You could send packets as Ethernet frames between the boards. I'd look at the ETH code under LwIP. Look at the ETH IAP code examples. Perhaps read some documentation, this a protocol from the 1970's so assume there's lots of material out there if you want to do your own homework.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
hamrgh
Associate II
Posted on September 24, 2016 at 18:58

Thank you for your answer!

I know this elementary Problem such as IP , Cable &....

I dont know which Sample are useful for this project.many example are exist such as echo client , server or FreeRTOS  and I do not know which one to choose &  how I edit & modify it .

Can you help set up? I use lan8720a for phy & STM32f429 for mcu.

the primary purpose is connect two board for light up led by press key in other board.

i apologize for duplicate and  abandon threads.