Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing X-CUBE-BLE1 expansion for STM32CubeMX

Binaro
Associate
Posted on September 21, 2016 at 09:27

Hello Everyone!

I do not understand how use BlueNRG sourse library.

''X-CUBE-BLE1 - Bluetooth Low Energy software expansion for STM32Cube''. Are STM32Cube and STM32CubeMX different things?

How to add  X-CUBE-BLE1 to STM32CubeMX?

I try  ''Help > Install Path > ''en.x-cube-ble1.zip'' return ''Patch doesn't apply to this version of STM32CubeMX''.

Enover try ''Help > Install New Library > From Local.. > ''en.x-cube-ble1.zip'' return ''This Packege version is not managed on this version of STM32CubeMX''.

How to add BlueNRG sourse library to my project?

Need I add sourse files to my project? It is complicate linking all source files.

Need I add my project to my samples project? To difficult maintaining.

Win7 x86, STM32CubeMX 4.16.1, STM32L151C6T, Castom board.
6 REPLIES 6
Mark Shoe
Senior
Posted on July 20, 2017 at 14:33

It is possible to import the examples into sw6. That is what

X-CUBE-BLE1 is.

This has nothing to do with CubeMX.

ST has made a great code generator but the example code that comes with it are not made with CubeMX. Some examples are possible to convert to your own code but i tried the Lwip examples that takes lots of time. And still not working.

For the bluetooth example it seems not possible to start a project with Cubemx.

pagano.paganino
Associate III
Posted on July 20, 2017 at 14:37

you can use

https://github.com/cnoviello/CubeMXImporter

Mark Shoe
Senior
Posted on July 20, 2017 at 14:55

Hi Mazzella,

Nice tool you made but you can simply import a project File>Import>General>Existing project into Workspace. Also when a project is generated Cubemx ask if it should import the project into your workspace.

This is possible with the examples in 

X-CUBE-BLE1

My problem is all ST examples are not made with CubeMX and do not have the *.ioc file. Also the program structure is not compatible.

So why are the examples that come with CubeMX not made by CubeMX?? 

Posted on February 21, 2018 at 15:27

The truth is that extension packages are only built on top of HAL libraries, not on CubeMx code structure. They are written by different divisions (like for MEMS, BLE etc.) and delivered 'as is' and mainly to demonstrate the functionality of the BLE, MEMS, not to fully integrate to CubeMx project...

On the other hand, it's rather easy to merge the two projects - one from CubeMx and other for selected peripheral. Both work on HAL libraries, so avoid the duplicate setup of communication peripheral (I2C, SPI) in Cube Mx or in the X-Cube package, initialize the X-Cube like in its own example, merge the periodic part of the program and interrupts and here you go!

Tried with SubGHz, BLE, PLC, FlightSense, MEMS board etc., all in one project based on CubeMx, imported MP3 from SpiritDSP etc., all working at once 😉

Posted on March 08, 2018 at 11:55

They are written by different divisions

Why different dvivisions do not use ST's own tool? It would be so good to be able to reconfigure an existing example project to a different MCU, or just change something. It would be also a good starting point to learn CubeMX project from official source, eg how ST uses its own tool...

Posted on June 12, 2018 at 14:51

It comes from historical reasons - HAL API was defined first, then Cube Mx, so other divisions took what they had available and went on as a demonstration. ST's a big company and people from MEMS or thyristors groups don't bother about continuous support for a demonstration platform of microcontroller group and vice versa.