cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fresh CubeMX Project but still lots of ''Field xxx cold not be resolved errors''

juliuscaesar
Associate III
Posted on October 19, 2016 at 23:47

Hey guys,

as stated in the title i created a clean STM32 Cube MX Project for my

32F429IDISCOVERY

board.

However there are lots of missing include errors (Field xxx could not be resolved

).

These all occur in the STM32F4xx Hal Driver Libary.

my main.c includes

[code]

/* Includes ------------------------------------------------------------------*/

#include ''stm32f4xx_hal.h''

#include ''cmsis_os.h''

#include ''adc.h''

#include ''crc.h''

#include ''dac.h''

#include ''i2c.h''

#include ''ltdc.h''

#include ''spi.h''

#include ''usart.h''

#include ''usb_device.h''

#include ''gpio.h''

#include ''fmc.h''

[/code]

But still i get for ex. a ''

__HAL_RCC_PWR_CLK_ENABLE()'' could not be resolved error

Am I missing something or why does a clean cube mx project not compile correctly?

I'd glad for some hints how to resolve this problem 😉

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on October 20, 2016 at 00:59

Looks like an odd collection of include files, wouldn't these normally pull from the xx_conf.h file?

You are building this with what ? Is the compiler missing some command-line defines?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
slimen
Senior
Posted on October 20, 2016 at 12:48

Hello,

Which version are you using ?

You can share your project to check with you this case.

Regards

juliuscaesar
Associate III
Posted on October 22, 2016 at 00:07

Hey guys thx for your replies.

To clarify 😉 I'm using OpenSTM Eclipse with GCC Compiler.

I did some checking, the console Shows no Errors, and the elf file is generated although eclipse tells me there are some undefined symbols.

The wired part is: When you open the Project at first eclipse does not Show any Errors.

However once you have opened the main.c (or some HAL Driver files) there are lots of undefined symbols.

I tried cleaning and rebuilding and rebuilding the index but no Change.

Do you have any suggestions how to fix this Problem.

A friend of mine checked my Project as well. Same behaviour, once he opened the main.c undefined Symbol Errors popped up. I'll attach my Project. Maybe you can have a look at it. That would be great

Attachments :

giessomat.zip : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I1Ae&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bk0%2Fzsf.QkNwejKld9jAC_jQU_9p7B68s95yyZu3KcoDRVk&asPdf=false
slimen
Senior
Posted on October 24, 2016 at 15:04

Hello,

I think the Undefined symbol error means that your application does not include object, source or libraries including the related function.

You should review the configuration of your project, and the files included and make sure that your project contains all the required library source files.

Regards