cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPBTLE-RF USB evaluation board (BlueNRG-MS STEVAL-IDB006V1)

vladbabak
Associate II
Posted on September 27, 2016 at 00:44

Hello everybody,

I'd like upload and test an app on this board stm32l 

controller

called BlueNRG-MS Beacon demonstration application supported by this evaluation board. So far I was not able to do this neither by following st.com documentation nor by reading forums.

According to st.com UM1870 user manual page 7 'EWARM Compiler 7.40.3 or later is required for building the BlueNRG_DK_x.x.x demonstration applications.' However EWARM compiler is a third party tool and not available on ST.com website, not a freeware too, so I'm not planning to buy it just to test this app. I did install a program BlueNRG DK-2.0.1.0-Setup.exe from st.com website, but it only installed a number of folders I was not able to use anywhere. UM1870 manual on page 20 insist that pushing button SW1 will upload DFU app firmware over BlueNRG GUI , however no such GUI exists in the folders installed. I also installed STM32CumeMX program from st.com website, however it does not have this eval board in its' list of boards.

Could you provide a way to upload and run any demonstration application on this evaluation board with tools or programs from st.com website, or at least not required additionally purchased software?

Also tried to create a support request on st.com, it keeps complaining that some error exist in the form and does not send my request. Is it a way to 

actually

get a technical support from st.com?

Thank you,

Vlad.

2 REPLIES 2
vladbabak
Associate II
Posted on September 28, 2016 at 04:57

Funny, how fast you could find a solution after you just said you gave up looking. 

Just loaded DFU mode upgrade app and it did the boot-loading job.

Posted on December 16, 2016 at 16:13

Hi Babak,

I am having the same issue that you had. What do you mean when you say you loaded the DFU mode upgrade app?

Thanks,

cod