Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F030 and X-CUBE-WIFI1

guilherme
Associate
Posted on October 03, 2016 at 21:22

Hi all,

I'm developing a solution with a STM32F030 and a serial-to-WiFi module SPWF01SA. I downloaded the expansion package X-CUBE-WIFI1 from ST website that provides sample implementations for others NUCLEO like as STM32L0, L4, F1 and F4.

I started from STM32L0 sample and changed the some function/registers to the STM32F0, but I'm having some problems...

First, a lot of UART data were being lost in the reception, then when I commented the lines that disabled the interruption before pop a byte from the circular buffer in the queue:

//__disable_irq();

WiFi_Counter_Variables.temp = pop_buffer_queue(&wifi_instances.big_buff); //contents of temp(pop_buffer) will not change till another de-queue is made

//__enable_irq();

This improved a lot, it seemed that I had solved, but some bytes are being lost yet. I think it is something in the software, beetween the push queue and pop queue from serial UART.

I tried to change the interruption priority from UART(push data) and Systick (pop data). Also change the interruption  frequency, but nothing worked.

I don't have much experience with queues.

Do you have some tips to help me?

It will be very usefull if ST provide an update for X-CUBE-WIFI1 with SMT32F0. Because the STEVAL-IDW001V1 software library is

outdated.

Thanks in advance.

#x-cube-wifi1-smt32f0-spwf01sa
1 REPLY 1
Walid FTITI_O
Senior II
Posted on October 04, 2016 at 14:29

Hi Guilherme Thome, 

Thank you for these feedbacks. But what do you mean by outdated ?

-Hannibal-