cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Over The Air(FOTA) in Stm32f205 & Stm32f407

raj11
Associate II
Posted on February 08, 2018 at 06:37

I am working on a street light and its energy monitoring system. Once the units are deployed at fields its difficult to update the program each time on-field. So I need to know is there any options there in STM32F205  & stm32f407 chips for FOTA capability. I am using Simcom GSM/GPRS Modems to communicate with Server for energy Monitoring System. So planned to use same for FOTA.

#fota-in-stm32
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on February 08, 2018 at 08:18

No, you'd need to code an IAP using FTP or HTTP, etc to download an update image and apply it. ST has published some IAP (In App Programming) examples demonstrating a loader and application split.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Tilen MAJERLE
ST Employee
Posted on February 08, 2018 at 08:25

Helo

C.RAJESHKUMAR

‌,

your request is possible. In the STM32CubeF4 you can find example for flash IAP and then use it as starting point to port for GSM modem.

Best regards,

Tilen

Posted on February 24, 2018 at 11:52

Can you share the link please?

Posted on February 24, 2018 at 12:37

The way to find this information is to go to the Product Page for the chip(s) in question - there you will find a list of the applicable Application Notes and other support materials.

As a standard practice, it is well worth making a point of browsing this information - there is probably a lot of other stuff that you will also find useful...

eg,

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/microcontrollers/stm32-32-bit-arm-cortex-mcus/stm32-high-performance-mcus/stm32f2-series/stm32f2x5/stm32f205rb.html

http://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers/stm32f407vg.html

Posted on February 24, 2018 at 15:53

Some of the resources can be found under the product page, and other examples not exist under the Cube/HAL software repositories/trees

\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.8.0\Projects\STM32756G_EVAL\Applications\IAP\IAP_Main

\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.16.0\Projects\STM324xG_EVAL\Applications\IAP\IAP_Main

Find a close match for you architecture and board, and then port or understand the underlying concepts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..