Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical error with STM32F3: not working anymore

guidored
Associate
Posted on October 18, 2016 at 01:27

Hello to everyone,

Today I received a STM32F303VC for a university course. Worked with this board a couple of times before, did some simple programs (switching on the leds) and took it to my home. Here I tried to do the same, downloading and debugging my programs (using the IAR Embedded Workbench btw) until, the second time, an error message popped out.

Now everytime I connect the board to any computer with the USB cable the leds 1 and 2 (the ones next to the ST-Link) switch on but the other eight do not (instead of blinking sequentially like before), everytime I press the reset button there is a faint and short light in the eight leds and, of course, no program is able to load and debug.

Is there a way to recover from this? Or my board is gone for good? Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on October 18, 2016 at 04:19

What exactly did the error message say?

You could try connecting the BOOT and VDD pins with a jumper, and using the ST-LINK Utilities to erase the chip.

Reflect on what you did, and what the code was doing that might interfere with the debug interface.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
guidored
Associate
Posted on October 19, 2016 at 14:47

Ok, I did a chip erase and now it seems to work, at least with my programs. But could I have erased also the other programs embedded in the chip? (like the gyroscope and the compass)

Posted on October 19, 2016 at 15:18

You writing your application from IAR has already removed the compass/gyro app that shipped on the board. There is a System Loader in ROM that you can't erase, but all the other functionality is achieved in FLASH

You can probably find a .HEX file with the original demo application that you can reflash with the ST-LINK Utilities.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on October 19, 2016 at 15:38

Hi,

If the STM32F3-Discovery demonstration is needed, you may find it under STM32Cube_FW_F3_V1.6.0\Projects\STM32F3-Discovery\Demonstrations.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.