Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-NUCLEO-IDW01M1 examples don't work on NUCLEO-L476RG boards

business
Associate II
Posted on March 25, 2017 at 16:28

Hello STM Community. 

I am using the openstm32 System Workbench IDE and would like to play some of the 

https://my.st.com/content/my_st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-expansion-software/x-cube-wifi1.license=1490356826629.html

Sadly, the projects for the -L4 boards spit out errors when building. 

For example: The Wifi_VCOM example for STM32L4xx boards:

When the 'copy projects into workspace' option is checked, I get this error upon building:

'Description Resource Path Location Type

make: *** No rule to make target `/Middlewares/ST/STM32_SPWF0xSy/Utils/event_buffer.c', needed by `Middlewares/ST/STM32_SPWF0xSy/Utils/event_buffer.o'. Stop. STM32L0xx-Nucleo-WiFi_VCOM C/C++ Problem'

When I import the project without the option, I get this error before the build even starts:

Errors occurred during the build.

Errors running builder 'CDT Builder' on project 'STM32L4xx-Nucleo-WiFi_VCOM'.

java.lang.NullPointerException

Why don't these examples work out-of-the-box?

Thanks,

Andy

#x-nucleo-idw01m1 #nucleo-l476rg #spwf0-wifi
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on March 27, 2017 at 15:37

I deleted the empty LinkerScript.ld files in all L4 examples - forcing them to be regenerated - and now they compile fine!

Please fix the issue of the empty linker files so others don't get this frustrating issue. 

Greetings, Andy

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mridupawan Das
Associate II
Posted on March 27, 2017 at 11:25

Hi,

Please use File->Import->'Existing Projects into Workspace' option to import your projects to the System Workbench IDE.

Select root directory of the projects and you don't need to select any other option.

The build should be fine.

Are all projects giving you the same error or only the WiFi_VCOM project giving you such an error?

regards,

Mridu

Mridupawan Das
Associate II
Posted on March 27, 2017 at 11:29

If you are using the X-NUCLEO-IDW01M1, please also make sure you are selecting the right macro in the file wifi_conf.h in the Inc folder of the project.

The right macro combination for X-NUCLEO-IDW01M1 is SPWF01 and CONSOLE_UART_ENABLED.

Posted on March 27, 2017 at 15:32

Hello Mridu, thanks for your reply. 

I imported the projects as you said, with no other options, from the root folder. 

I imported all projects and when I try to build them, only the projects for the L4 boards give me the

'java.lang.NullPointerException' error. The projects for the L0, F1 and F4 boards compiles fine, without errors. 

I also noticed that the LinkerScript.ld file in all L4 examples is empty! 

Thanks, Andy

Posted on March 27, 2017 at 15:37

I deleted the empty LinkerScript.ld files in all L4 examples - forcing them to be regenerated - and now they compile fine!

Please fix the issue of the empty linker files so others don't get this frustrating issue. 

Greetings, Andy

Posted on March 27, 2017 at 16:11

Ideally the linkerscripts should not be empty files as we see. But thanks anyway for pointing out. We will have a look.

Please download the v3.0.1 version which is to be updated soon. The vcom projects might have some other issues related to console prints.

Cash
Associate II

I still keep getting the

"An internal error occurred during: "Build Project".

java.lang.NullPointerException"

Any Solutions ?

Trying to import: X-CUBE-SPN2, in CubeIDE.