cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX 4.17.0 and USB Custom Class

sven2399
Associate
Posted on October 23, 2016 at 17:45

I want to configure (and program) a USB custom class (USBTMC). My question is, how do I direct the Cube Application to include the USB libraries. For now I see how to include specific classes (like HID), but not the generic libs. Is this something I need to do manually?

#usb-cubemx-usbtmc
3 REPLIES 3
slimen
Senior
Posted on October 24, 2016 at 17:45

Hello,

You can start with a working USB example within your associated STM32Cube firmware package where the workspace is ready to use. This will help you to have more idea on how configuration/implementation is done.

For more details, on how you use the STM32Cube USB device library, please refer to

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/cf/38/e5/b5/dd/1d/4c/09/DM00108129.pdf/files/DM00108129.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00108129.pdf

user manual which is applicable to all STM32 Series that feature an USB peripheral. 

Regards

stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on November 03, 2016 at 10:47

Hello,

STM32CubeMX does not support:

- Generating code for USB composite devices (1 device descriptor with several USB classes) since this not yet supported by the firmware library itself.

- Nor generating code using the USB Library Template files found in the Template folder under the Class directory.

Best regards

kraiskil
Associate III
Posted on June 05, 2017 at 09:44

A +1from me for the option of specifing 'None' as the USB Class in CubeMX, so that CubeMX generates the USB Core libraries only.