Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webserver with ''LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS'' from STM32CubeF7

zian1014
Associate
Posted on November 02, 2016 at 15:37

Hi,

I am using an STM32F746G Discovery Board with the ''lwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS'' from STM32CubeF7 (V 1.5.0).  My IDE is the SW4STM32 in V1.8 for Linux. What I am trying to do is to replace the standard website of the webserver with an own html site. However, I have failed doing so until now. I have tried many different things but unfortunately without success. Can anybody tell what I have to edit or replace? How can I view the files on the board? When I am connecting my board to my laptop I can only see the ''details.txt'' and ''mbed.htm''?

Thanks in advance!

#cube #cubemx #html #freertos #netconn
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on November 03, 2016 at 20:04

Unfortunately you have a long way to go.  The file window you are seeing is the mbed code loader .  You will need some kind of file system built into your application.  This might make more sense to use the on-board uSD card slot and install FatFS and try to get that working.  Putting files in the on-chip flash program memory and then trying to read them out as ASCII HTML files is probably doable but non-trivial.

Once you get that going so that your application can read your web files off the SD card, you will need to modify the HTTP server code which is part of LWiP to use ascii files.  Its default setup uses an external utility to convert HTML into data that is stored as ''C'' source code which is then linked directly into the application that contains LWiP.  The LWiP server then responds to WEB requests by passing this re-formatted data out to the requesting party.  So these routines would have to be modified to respond by reading from your SD card, non-reformatted data and just send it out.

It should be a fun project which I kinda intended to tackle but haven't had the time to spend on it.  If you succeed it would be a nice tutorial to post if you get it working.

Good luck.

zian1014
Associate
Posted on November 09, 2016 at 14:50

Hi bauch.aaron.001,

thanks very much for your help! Unfortunately we won't have time to test the way you described and chose VisualGDB instead.